- Study in AustraliaAustralian Universities/CollegesPrograms by faculty AusAustralian VisasLife in Australia
- Study In New ZealandNew Zealand UniversitiesPrograms by Faculty NZNew Zealand VisasLife in New Zealand
- Study in CanadaUniversities/Colleges in CANADAPrograms by faculty CanadaCanadian VisasLife in Canada
Student Visa New Zealand
Most international students planning on studying and living in New Zealand will need a visa or student permit. You do not need a student visa if:
- You are from Australia
- If you are entering a course which runs for less than three months
- Or if you hold a New Zealand resident permit
For everyone else, entry into New Zealand requires a visa which can be applied for in your home country. For visa application a student will need the following:
- A recent passport-size photograph
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee
- Admission letter of an institute at New Zealand viz. students must provide paperwork detailing the name of the course, institution, length of the course and cost of the tuition fees
- In New Zealand international students are required to organise their accommodation prior to a visa application.
Students must prove they can financially support themselves to live and study in New Zealand Depending upon the students length of stay they will have to provide information concerning their health and medical history as well as character references. When a student has been authorised with a visa and enters New Zealand they will show their passport and visa and will be given a student permit if all the requirements are met. A student permit enables international students to study in New Zealand up until a certain date.
On Campus Visa Process
If you're studying with one of the following education providers, they will be able to process your student visa on campus. Please contact your provider to find out what you have to do.
Change in Visa Conditions
You can apply for a variation of conditions to your current visa if: you hold visitor visa and wish to study part time for longer than three months. you hold a work visa and wish to complete formal study or training for more than three months*.
Student Visa Application
The application process below is for people who want to apply for a student visa. This may include people who want to travel to New Zealand to study, people who want to stay temporarily in New Zealand to study, and people already here on other types of temporary entry class visas who want to study in New Zealand full time.
Student Visa Requirements
To get a visa to study in New Zealand you and the course you intend to study must meet our requirements.
For more information, please contact one of our offices
Study in Australia | Study in the UK | Study in Malaysia | Study in Canada | Study in the USA | Study in New Zealand