• Study Visa


    Study Visa

    The student visa in Canada is most commonly known as Study permit. Either a student need to obtain or don't need to obtain Canadian study permit depends upon the country of residence of the student. Students from most of the countries need to obtain Canadian student visa to study in Canada, but students from some countries don't have to obtain any Student visa to study in Canada.

    A Study Permit is not required in the following circumstances:    

    • For a course or program with a duration of six months or less;
    • For a minor child already in Canada, whose parents have legal status in Canada, other than Visitor Status;
    • For the family or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.

    Who doesn't need to obtain student visa:
    There are several criteria drawn by the Government of Canada for students who don't require to obtain student visa to study in Canada. These criteria are mentioned below:

    • Students from Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Republic of Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa don't require to have Canadian student visa to study in Canada.
    • Students who are the permanent resident of United States who hold a Green Card or can present any evidence which show they belong permanently to USA.
    • Students who are the citizens of United Kingdom, either they are in UK or are staying abroad but legally can return back and stay in UK.
    • Students who have a valid Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Government of the Hong Kong.

    If you meet any of the above criteria, then students don't need to have Study permit or Canadian student visa to study in Canada


    For more information, please contact  one of our offices

    Study in Australia | Study in the UK | Study in Malaysia | Study in Canada | Study in the USA | Study in New Zealand

    Last Updated: 30 November 2009
                                                 Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF
  • Share This Page
    • facebook share google plus share linkedin share telegram share twitter share