- Study in AustraliaAustralian Universities/CollegesPrograms by faculty AusAustralian VisasLife in Australia
- Study In New ZealandNew Zealand UniversitiesPrograms by Faculty NZNew Zealand VisasLife in New Zealand
- Study in CanadaUniversities/Colleges in CANADAPrograms by faculty CanadaCanadian VisasLife in Canada
Masters degree by coursework
A masters degree enhances your professional skills and understanding of a specific area of knowledge. One of the advantages of a masters by coursework is the support and guidance you receive in tutorials, from tutors and other students.
Entry: Applicants normally require a bachelor degree, honours degree or graduate diploma for entry into a masters. If you do not have formal qualifications but possess relevant academic or professional experience, you may qualify for admission to a masters upon completion of a preliminary program.
Duration: A masters requires three to four semesters of full-time study.
A master's degree recognises your thorough understanding of a research field or area of professional practice.
Graduates possess a range of academic and vocational attributes, such as:
- advanced knowledge of a specialist body of topics
- high order skills in analysis, critical evaluation and / or professional application through the planning and execution of project work or a piece of scholarship or research
- creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations
- ability to solve complex problems and think rigorously and independently.
Master's degrees by coursework, administered by various faculties an be either:
- coursework – coursework is 100 per cent of the degree requirements.
- coursework and dissertation – the dissertation component represents less than 66.6 per cent of the degree requirements.
Many of the postgraduate programs offer a pathway or full articulation between courses. This means a graduate certificate provides one semester’s credit towards a graduate diploma, which in turn provides two semesters’ credit towards a masters degree by coursework.
For more information, please contact one of our offices
Study in Australia | Study in the UK | Study in Malaysia | Study in Canada | Study in the USA | Study in New Zealand
Editor: Nina Zarabi